Benefits of Membership
Through conferences, a quarterly e-newsletter, training sessions and working groups, the IAFSM facilitates communication and collaboration among law enforcement, government agencies, academia and private sector providers of hardware, software and services. Our focus is on developing standards and techniques by leveraging the knowledge and experience our members bring from the fields of GPS, GIS, surveying, photogrammetry, long-, mid- and sub-millimeter laser scanners, 3D printers and related technologies.
Benefits of Membership Include:
- Monthly Subscription to FSM E-NEWS
- Discount to SPAR events
- Access to Live Educational Sessions, Webinars, & Training
- Member rate for Annual Conference
We are dedicated to expanding our list of member benefits by seeking discounts to publications, conferences and more. Click here if you have a suggestion for a member benefit and FSM will advocate for you to get that discount!
How FSM Membership Benefits You:
- Law enforcement officers, crime scene investigators and forensic specialists will be apprised of the latest tools and techniques including laser scanning, reverse engineering, electronic theodolites, videogrammetry and others to aid in investigations and increase the accuracy and speed of gathering dimensional data from incidents and crime scenes.
- Medical examiners can learn how sub-millimeter scanning of injuries to gather dimensional data prior to an autopsy can significantly aid in mapping wounds.
- Specialized Applications (anthropology, fire, blood spatter, ballistics etc.) - will learn about the latest tools, techniques and software, and when to employ them in their investigations in order to develop the highest-quality data input on which to base advanced analysis and conclusions.
- Security specialists tasked with gathering spatial data for pre-event planning will learn how new technologies can provide better and faster end results in order to facilitate the overall process.
- University professors and students will learn first-hand what is required of graduating students looking to enter these professions.